28-inch Top Mount Pool Sand Filter System By Tier1
Note: FILTER MEDIA NOT INCLUDED
- Compact, space saving design
- Easily select filter operation with a simple lever-action
- Self-cleaning system delivers efficient and balanced backwashing extending equipment life
- Rugged, unitized thermal plastic tank is corrosive-proof and suitable for most weather conditions
The Tier1 Sand Pool Filter
The 88 GPM flow 28-inch Sand Pool Filter System is manufactured from high-density polyethylene material. The corrosion-proof materials and the clamp lock design mean the filter system is dependable in any weather. Sand filters have broad applications; typical uses include pools, spas, fountains, waterscapes, and aquariums. The easy-to-use six-position valve makes the selection of the valve setting simple. It also includes a clamp lock that seals with pressure and makes it leak-tight. Its intuitive drainage design ensures the tank's complete draining, making it easy to maintain and ice-free in winter.
Filter requires 485lbs of 20/30 mesh (0.5mm-0.8mm) filter sand. (sold separately)
System includes: media tank, tank base, multiport valve, pressure gauge, plastic flange clamp, and 3 inlet/outlet adapters.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This sizing chart is just a guide, it is important that your filter be sized to the GPM your pump is delivering.
Your filter flow rate must be rated at least the same GPM as your pump or higher, but a larger filter size can be more efficient even if it’s larger than your pool actually needs. Oversizing your pool filter will provide longer filter cycles (time between backwashes), greater filtration performance, and the filter media will last longer. Undersizing your pool filter will reduce filtration performance, require frequent backwashing, and can even damage or break the filter if operating outside of the filter’s performance specifications.
Max Pool Capacity* (Gallons)
Flow Rate (GPM)
*Max capacity is calculated with an 8 hour turnover at the filter’s maximum flow rate.
Dive in the water is great!
Easy-to-use six-position lever-action valve
Experience the Tier1 Difference
Tier1 manufactures high-quality filtration and household products. We take creating and maintaining a healthy home seriously. Products must undergo rigorous testing and meet demanding quality expectations in order to earn the Tier1 badge. Every purchase is backed by the Tier1® Guarantee:
- Guaranteed Fit
- Guaranteed Quality
- Guaranteed Price
The TIER1-BGP-SFU700 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Read the owner's manual provided.
- Install on a reasonably level surface with adequate drainage.
- Load sand media through the top opening of the filler.
- Attach control valve to the filter tank.
- Make return to pool pipe connection to control valve opening marked RETURN.
- Make electrical connections.
- Ensure all pipe connections are tight.
- Push down control valve handle and rotate to BACKWASH position.
- Start pump.