AP117 Comparable Granular Activated Carbon Replacement Cartridge by Tier1
- Ships fast!
- Big on quality, not on price
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor
- Built for performance
Experience the Tier1 Difference
Tier1 manufactures high-quality filtration and household products. We take creating and maintaining a healthy home seriously. Products must undergo rigorous testing and meet demanding quality expectations in order to earn the Tier1 badge. Every purchase is backed by the Tier1® Guarantee:
- Guaranteed Fit
- Guaranteed Quality
- Guaranteed Price
|Used In Brands||3M, Aqua-Pure, Hydronix, Pentek, Tier1|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 2-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||10 inches (length) x 2 3/4 inches (outside diameter)|
|Filter Life (gallons)||10,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||37,854.12|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||3|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||11.356|
|Warranty Guarantee||Unconditional Product Guarantee for Life of the Product|
The TIER1-GAC-P117 reduces the following contaminants:
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Chlorine Taste & Odor
- Turn off the water supply. Press the red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean, and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly. Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in the groove.
NOTE: this step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert the new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. do not overtighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on the water supply. Press the pressure-relief button (if present). check for leaks before leaving installation.