The CLX-1975-PL Replacement Pool and Spa Filter fits the Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 240 filter housing. CloroxTM Pool & Spa Silver Edition Advanced Pool Filters are manufactured to extend the life of your filter and provide excellent pool filtration. Made in the USA with the highest quality global components this filter will efficiently capture dust, hair, soil and leaves. Easy to clean with a just water hose, take the work out of having fun with pool and spa filters from a brand you trust.
- When the pressure drop through your filter reaches 8-10 psi, or you notice a decrease in the pressure coming from your return jets it is time to clean or replace your filter cartridge.
- Turn the power off to your pump and release the excess pressure in the system with the pressure release valve on the filter canister.
- Remove the cartridge from the filter canister and dislodge any loose debris by directing a stream of water from a garden hose between each pleat.
- NEVER use high-pressure water when cleaning your filter cartridge as you can damage the filter media and pleats.
- If stains persist, apply a spray on filter cleaner, or soak the filter cartridge overnight in a TSP (trisodium phosphate) solution.
- Rinse the filter cartridge thoroughly with clean fresh water and return it to the filter canister.
- Restart your filtration system per manufacturer's instructions, and monitor your pump pressure weekly.