Installing Kenmore Refrigerator Filters
- Press button to open filter cover.
- Pull the old filter cartridge downward.
- Remove and discard.
- Hold the filter cartridge horizontally and push into the manifold until it stops.
- Push filter up firmly until you cannot push up further.
- Push filter cover until it clicks into place.
- Run approximately 2.5 gallons of water through the filter and discard before use.
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise.
- Pull the filter straight down and discard (don't worry, the water will shut off automatically).
- Push the new filter up into the fridge until it stops.
- Twist the filter a quarter-turn clockwise.
- Reset your "change filter" light (if your fridge has one).
How to reset the change filter light:
Press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds.