The Tier1 RWF1053 refrigerator water filter fits the refrigerator models requiring the LG LT1000P refrigerator filter. The activated carbon block effectively reduces contaminants like Chlorine taste and odor, sand, sediment, rust and unsightly turbidity. The RWF1053 should give you clean, clear water for up to 6 months or 200 gallons, depending on your local water quality and your usage. The filter should easily push into the manifold, and dual O-rings ensure a tight seal with no water leakage.
Experience the Tier1 Difference
Tier1 manufactures high-quality filtration and household products. We take creating and maintaining a healthy home seriously. Products must undergo rigorous testing and meet demanding quality expectations in order to earn the Tier1 badge. Every purchase is backed by the Tier1® Guarantee:
- Guaranteed Fit
- Guaranteed Quality
- Guaranteed Price
- Note: To install this filter, push filter up into receiver until the filter stops. Ensure filter is locked into place. If the filter is not locked into place and clocked correctly the water will not flow. Flush 3-4 gallons of water through water the dispenser to ensure air has been purged from the system. Some noise is not uncommon as the air is purged during this flush.
- Press the sides of the case cover to open and remove the existing water filter by gently pushing downwards. Gently turn the existing filter counter clockwise and pull the water filter towards you which will slightly release and ready to be pulled out.
- Place the month sticker on the new filter space as a reminder to replace the filter within the next 6 months and remove red protective cap.
- Align and insert the new filter into the refrigerator manifold fitting. Gently turn clockwise until the new filter stops and close the case cover
- Check filter area for leaks
- Run water through the dispenser for approximately 4 minutes to flush the new filter
- Reset replacement indicator light by pressing the LIGHT/FILTER or RESET button for 3 seconds. If this reset procedure is not applicable for the new filter, please refer to your refrigerator owner's manual