How it Works
What is the Perma-Boot?
The Perma-Boot is a gasket-less two piece pipe boot repair system designed to permanently repair the most common type of roof leak - the leak around the vent pipes that penetrate your roof.
- Perma-Boot slides over your existing roof vent boot, preventing future leaks
- Installation takes just a few minutes - no tools required
- Designed for all standard roof pitches - 3/12 to 12/12
- Guaranteed to be leak free for the life of your shingles
What problem does the Perma-Boot solve?
Rubber Gasket Failure
The plumbing vent pipes that stick out of your roof are often sealed with a rubber pipe boot to keep rain from entering your home. These rubber boots deteriorate when exposed to the sun and high temperatures on the roof causing them to crack and leave a gap where water can enter the house.
While your roof shingles might last as much as 30 years, these rubber boots usually deteriorate in as little as 3 to 5 years. Once that happens, water begins to flow into your attic and cause water damage to your ceilings, interior walls, and drywall. Typically, the first sign is a large water stain on a ceiling.
Can I fix my leaky roof vent boot without a Perma-Boot?
Until now there have been only a few options for repairing these cracked boots and none of them offered a permanent solution.
One option is to hire a roofing contractor to replace the entire roof vent boot. This can be quite expensive, and will be required 3 or 4 times over the life of the roof. In some cases, replacing your existing roof vent boot requires removing and replacing the surrounding shingles. Roofing shingles can be difficult to match as the old shingles will have been discolored from exposure, and the the resulting patch can be an eyesore.
Attempted Repair Using Roofing Caulk
The most common solution is attempting to re-seal the boot with roofing caulk. Roofing caulk isn't likely to bond very well with the weather damaged rubber boot, and is even less resistant to UV damage than the old rubber seal. As you can see, this type of repair isn't going to last very long.
The Perma-Boot Permanent Solution
Perma-Boot is the solution for homeowners who want to fix their leaky pipe boots forever.
Temporary "Repair" Permanent Repair - Perma-Boot Installed
- You will never have another leak caused by the deterioration of the rubber pipe seal again
- The Perma-Boot is guaranteed for the life of your roof, up to 30 years
- Perma-Boot is made from high impact, UV protected ABS plastic that will not deteriorate over time
- Installs in minutes - no tools required
- No need to remove shingles or use any tools
- It can be installed on wet or dry roofs
- Protects the PVC pipe from UV exposure that makes it brittle and likely to snap
- Perma-Boot gives your roof a finished look