The VIQUA-QSO-410 quartz sleeve is an important part of the UV filter treatment process, it surrounds the UV light preventing it from coming in contact with the water. UV light is transmitted through the quartz sleeve and purifies the water. As time progresses the sleeve will accumulate minerals from the water which must be cleaned about every 3 months to prevent the UV treatment from becoming less effective. Once the mineral layer becomes permanent and can not be removed the sleeve needs to be replaced. Protect your UV lamp and keep your system running properly with the QSO-410 Replacement Quartz Sleeve for Viqua VH410, order today!
- NOTE: Water must be turned off and UV Lamp removed before quartz sleeve can be cleaned and or replaced.
- Remove the top retaining nut and O-ring.
- Remove the bottom retaining nut, Spring and loosen the O-ring to drain the water. Note: Ensure that the quartz sleeve does not slide through.
- Remove the quartz sleeve from the UV chamber.
- Clean the quartz sleeve with a cloth soaked in CLR, vinegar or some other mild acid and then rinse with water.
- Re-insert the quartz sleeve with O-ring(s), Spring, and retaining nut(s).
- Hand tighten the retaining nut(s), taking care not to over-tighten.
- When completed, replace the UV lamp and turn water back on.