C1-20 Pentek Replacement Filter Cartridge
Availability: In stock
Fits most housings that accept 20-inch x 2.5-inch water filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $18.99
6 Filters Price $13.67 each
- A great 'combination' filter with 5 micron dual-purpose Powdered-Activated Carbon
- Effective chlorine reduction, to eliminate harsh taste and odor
- Great for residential drinking water applications
- Well-suited for treated 'city water' (recommended for chlorinated water supplies)
The Pentek C1-20 Carbon Water Filter provides sediment filtration, plus unpleasant taste & odor reduction--all in one convenient cartridge. The C1-20 filter cartridges have high dirt-holding capacity. They offer an economical solution for all of your general purpose water filtration needs. Constructed of a carbon impregnated cellulose media, these dual-purpose cartridges filter out fine particles, as well as unwanted taste and odor from your tap water.
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 2-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (Length) x 2-1/2 inches (Width) x 2-1/2 inches (Depth)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 6.35 x 6.35|
|Media||Carbon Impregnated Pleated Cellulose|
|Primary Filter Media||Carbon Wrapped|
|Filter Life (gallons)||5,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||18,927.05|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||5|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||18.927|
|Materials of Construction||Filter Core: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Reinforcement Backing: Cellulose Polyester, End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol|
|Includes||One 20 x 201/2 Inch Pentek C1-20 Carbon Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||PAC-impregnated Cellulose|
The PENTEK-C1-20 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.