EP-20BB Pentek Replacement Filter Cartridge
Availability: In stock
Fits most Big Blue housings that accept 20-inch x 4.5-inch water filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $63.99
6 Filters Price $57.59 each
12 Filters Price $47.99 each
- 5 Micron Carbon Briquette, combining the long filter life of carbon block with the dirt-hold capacity of carbon impregnated paper
- High porosity design helps prevent plugging
- Perfect for residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications
- Manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials
The Pentek EP-20BB Carbon Briquette water filter cartridge reduces the unappealing taste and odor of chlorine from your water. Its unique Endurawrap design is also highly effective at reducing dirt and debris in your water, without compromising the filter life through premature plugging from particulate matter. The EP-20BB is a great option for better drinking water in a 20-inch Big Blue whole house filter system delivering clean, crisp refreshment from your tap. The filter cartridge materials are tested and certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42.
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4 5/8 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.7475|
|Media||Bonded Powder-Activated Carbon|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Materials of Construction||End Caps: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Gaskets: Buna-N|
|Filter Life (gallons)||40,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||151,416.40|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 180|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 82.2|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||4|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||15.142|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One Pentek EP-20BB 20 x 4.5 inch Carbon Block Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Carbon Block|
The PENTEK-EP-20BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.