WP-5 Pentek Replacement Filter Cartridge
Availability: In stock
Fits most standard housings that accept 10-inch x 2.5-inch water filter cartridges
- 5 micron sediment filter for consistently cleaner water
- Polypropylene string-wound cartridge with great surface area
- Reduces fine particles from a variety of fluids
- An economical choice
The Pentek WP5 Sediment Water Filter is wound with great precision for the maximum dirt-holding surface area. This is a cost-effective choice for sand, silt, rust and scale. This highly durable filter can be used in either city or well water. It installs easily, and based on water chemistry and usage, should be replaced every 6-12 months.
|Used In Brands||American Plumber, Ametek, Bruner, Culligan, Kleen-Plus, Pentair, Pentek, Plymouth Products, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 2-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||9 7/8 inches (length) x 2 1/4 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||25.08 x 5.715|
|Media||String Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 165|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 73.9|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||10.00|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||37.85|
|Includes||One 9-7/8 x 2-1/4 Inch Pentek WP5 String-Wound Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||String-Wound Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-WP-5 reduces the following contaminants:
- Fluoride NF
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-WP-5 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.