The MH03-1812WH Reverse Osmosis (RO) Membrane White Housing is constructed of durable polypropylene. The structural integrity of the housing material is tested and certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42. If you do not have a standard sized RO membrane, you can easily replace your current housing with this membrane housing. Standard RO membranes are usually less expensive than specially sized membranes by brand name manufacturers. If you have a manifold system, you will not be able to replace your membrane housing with this model, since a manifold system makes connections in the plastic head without using tubing. To make the switch easily with other standard RO systems: 1) use 1/8-inch FPT x 1/4-inch fittings to connect the housing's 1/8-inch threaded connection to 1/4-inch tubing OR 2) Use 1/8-inch FPT x 3/8-inch fitting to connect the housing's 1/8-inch threaded connection to 3/8-inch tubing. Most RO systems use the first option: 1/4-inch outside diameter tubing for the water lines. You will need 3 fittings to connect the RO membrane housing to your reverse osmosis system. If you currently have fittings from your old membrane housing, you can reuse those fittings.
- To install the new membrane housing, the tubing will have to be disconnected from your old RO membrane housing and connected to this new membrane housing. Plumber's tape is recommended for installation of the membrane housing
- This RO membrane housing has standard 1/8-inch threaded ports. There is one 1/8-inch threaded port on one end of the membrane housing. There are two 1/8-inch threaded ports on the opposite end of the membrane housing
- If you do not have fittings, 1/8 iinch fittings can be purchased separately. You will need 3 of the 1/8-inch fittings. The 1/8-inch FPT x 1/4-inch Tubing fitting connects the 1/8-inch threaded connection to 1/4-inch outside diameter tubing
- The 1/8-inch FPT x 3/8-inch Tubing fitting connects the 1/8-inch threaded connection to 3/8-inch outside diameter tubing. Most systems use 1/4-inch tubing.
- You will need 3 fittings to connect the RO membrane housing to your RO system.
- If you currently have 1/8-inch fittings from your old membrane housing, you can reuse those fittings
- If you would like to upgrade your RO System to use a higher Gallons Per Day membrane, please see the instructions near the bottom of our main Membrane Housing page
- Change your filters and membrane at the recommended frequency
- Clean your system occasionally with a product like Sani-System SS96RO, an easy to use, pre-measured, reverse osmosis system sanitizer (purchasable separately)