EPM-20BB Pentek Whole House Filter Replacement Cartridge
Availability: In stock
Fits Pentek 20-inch Big Blue and other heavy-duty filter housings
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $52.99
6 Filters Price $43.67 each
- Economically priced drop-in cartridge provides quick and easy filter change
- Enhanced dirt holding capacity for extended cartridge life
- Endurawrap design traps sediment to prevent plugging of carbon block media
- Manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials
The PENTEK-EPM-20BB filter is an economically priced cartridge that effectively reduces sediment and chlorine taste and odor while maintaining low pressure drop. The high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capability is exhausted, maximizing filter life. The EPM-20BB is an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications.
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4 5/8 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.7475|
|Media||Bonded Powder-Activated Carbon|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Materials of Construction||Outer Wrap: Polyolefin, End Caps: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Gaskets: Buna-N|
|Filter Life (gallons)||30,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||113,562.30|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||10|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 180|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 82.2|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||4.00|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||15.14|
|Color||Blue / White|
|Includes||One Pentek EPM-20BB 20 x 4.5 inch Carbon Block Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Granular Activated Carbon|
The PENTEK-EPM-20BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.