Tier1 Essential Series 48,000 Grain High Efficiency Digital Water Softener with Pre-Filtration System and UV Disinfection
- Installs quickly and easily at your water's point of entry
- Includes ion exchange resin and LCD control valve
- Reduces troublesome scale, which can cause costly damage to appliances
- Ultra Violet (UV) Disinfection stage deactivates waterborne contaminants
Mineral Tank Dimensions: 10" x 54" (without control valve)
Mineral Tank Dimensions: 10" x 61.5" (with control valve)
Brine Tank Dimensions: 15" x 34"
Cubic Feet of Resin in the Mineral Tank: 1.5 cubic feet of Cation Resin 8%
How much is the Max. Hardness of the Water (in GPG)? During set-up, the customer customizes the regeneration cycle based on their water hardness level
How much is the max. Clear Water Iron Removal (ppm)? An iron filter is recommended for iron levels above 3ppm
Is it Demand Initiated or Timed? The Everyday Series is demand initiated, the control valve features a water use probe (impeller), which measures water use
How long does the Regeneration Cycle take? Two hours
Will I experience a disruption in water service during the Regeneration Cycle? Yes, there will be a disruption to water service during this time. Most of our customers schedule the Regeneration Cycle for 2:00 AM, ensuring there are no conflicts. If a disruption in water service during the Regeneration Cycle is an issue, select the Tier1 Essential Certified Series Softener!
How much salt do I use in the 100L square brine tank? We recommend using no more than three 40 pound bags of water softener salt
What is in the mineral tank? The system arrives to you pre-filled, ready for use with Cation Exchange Resin 8%
Does it have an indicator to notify me about low salt? No
What if my home is plumbed with PEX or CPVC supply tubing? Homes plumbed with PEX or CPVC supply tubing may require the use of compression fittings, such as the Sharkbite brand. Due to varying sizes and configurations, compression fittings are not included with the water softener. If these fittings are required, they can be purchased for a reasonable price at most hardware stores
When a water softener is referring to 'grains' it's talking about how many grains of hardness it can process before regenerating. Grains of hardness processed depends on how large your household is, as well as how hard your water actually is.
For example, a family of 4 with 20 grains of hardness: Your family of 4 will use approx. 300 gallons of water per day (4 people x 75 gallons per person). Since the water has 20 grains of hardness, you'll need to treat 6,000 grains of hardness per day (300 X 20). You can go about 7-1/2 days before regenerating (45,000/6,000).
Ultraviolet Light (UV) Filtration
Ultraviolet light is a water treatment option that is highly effective at reducing bacteria and viruses from your water. UV light deactivates the DNA of bacteria and viruses as they flow through the UV chamber, effectively removing their ability to multiply and reproduce, therefore treating the root of the threat they would normally pose to your health. This is a preferable treatment option for reducing bacteria and viruses as it doesn't introduce more chemicals and their byproducts into your water and even effectively reduces the microorganisms which are chlorine-resistant. UV treatment does not filter other contaminants such as heavy metals and chlorine but, as the final step of this whole home system, provide the necessary final step for complete home water protection.
Importance of Pre-Filtration
Pre-filtration is critical for whole home solution systems as it filters out particles that would otherwise clog up the following systems. Usually in the form of sediment filters such as polypropylene and pleated media or as carbon block filters, these pre-filters offer a primary layer of defense to help extend the life of whole home systems and filter out larger particles. This layer of defense is fairly standard on reverse osmosis systems and softeners as it is advised to protect these systems but even if you don't have this equipment, whole home housings and filters effectively reduce the amount of dirt, sediment, and silt that would flow through your plumbing and affect your water using appliances. Ensure you have the protection your systems and home need with Tier's line of Whole House Cartridge Systems.
Experience the Tier1 Difference
Tier1 manufactures high-quality filtration and household products. We take creating and maintaining a healthy home seriously. Products must undergo rigorous testing and meet demanding quality expectations in order to earn the Tier1 badge. Every purchase is backed by the Tier1® Guarantee:
- Guaranteed Fit
- Guaranteed Quality
- Guaranteed Price
|Used In Brands||Tier1|
|Media||Cation Exchange Resin|
|Primary Filter Media||Scale Reduction media|
|Filter Life (months)||120 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Pressure (psi)||21 - 120|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 100|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||11.2|
|Fitting Size (inches)||3/4 inch|
|Tank Dimensions||10 x 54 Inches|
|Warranty Guarantee||Tier1® Whole House Systems: Protect Every Drop Guarantee|
|Includes||Mineral tank, brine tank, cation resin media, LCD display valve, 20-Inch housing, mounting bracket, 20 x 4.5 Inch sediment filter, housing wrench, replacement O-ring, lubricant packet, 18GPM UV Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Ion Exchange Resin|
The TIER1_WH_WS_PF_UV_1054 reduces the following contaminants:
- Hard Scale
- Rust and Corrosion
- Test Resin Tank - the tank will have a temporary shipping cap, a master O-Ring, and a piece of tape covering the riser tube. The cap, master O-Ring (another is supplied) and the tape must be removed and discarded prior to attaching control valve and the upper distributor.This water softener includes regular control valve connections and a bypass valve connection; therefore, a set of installation components has been included for each method of installation. As such, following installation, the installer will be left with an “extra set” of installation components (animated connectors, brine line flow control, master O-Ring, washers).
- Read the complete installation guide provided above.
- Unpack the Tier1 WS-165-150 and ensure all parts pictured and listed above are present. such as tubing, are necessary Rotate the shutoff valve at the main water line to the OFF position
- Shut off power supply to water heater – only if you will be draining the tank
- Open the highest and lowest water faucets in your home (drainage and pressure allowance)
- Ensure you are aware of local laws and codes regarding the installation, use, and maintenance of water softeners
- Begin assembly:
- See Manual for full assembly instructions in detail, includes pictures and parts checklist.
- For system programming instructions please refer to our video below: