Pentek C1 Undersink Water Filter Replacement Cartridge
- Economically priced drop-in cartridge provides quick and easy filter change
- Dual purpose cartridge for chlorine and sediment filtration
- High dirt-holding capacity
- Recommended for chlorinated water supplies
|Used In Brands||Cuno, Filterite, Harmsco, Keystone, Pentek, U.S. Water, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 2-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||9 3/4 inches (length) x 2 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||24.77 x 6.35|
|Primary Filter Media||Carbon Wrapped|
|Materials of Construction||Filter Core: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Reinforcement Backing: Cellulose Polyester, End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol|
|Filter Life (gallons)||2,500|
|Filter Life (liters)||9,463.53|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||5.00|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||18.93|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
|Certifications||Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for materials and structural integrity requirements only|
|Includes||One 9-3/4 x 2-1/2 Inch Pentek C-1 Carbon Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||PAC-impregnated Cellulose|
The PENTEK-C1 reduces the following contaminants:
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Chlorine Taste & Odor
The PENTEK-C1 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.